Sunday, November 2, 2014

50 days post-op: change in progress

Tomorrow is my first appointment post-op with my surgeon. It will also be the first time I weigh myself since the day of my surgery. I'm scared. 

Everything has been going really well, especially in the beginning. Nearly two months later I feel nearly no restriction and that's what's not helping me control my portions. I still keep track of what I eat but I can eat more than I wish I could and it worries me. 

Everything goes through smoothly except certain foods: bread and meat. I have to be extra careful to chew well and eat slowly. The pain in indescribable. Let me put it this way: it's like trying to push playdough through a straw and making sure it goes through. This is what bread and some meats do: they block. It hurts. The feeling is something in between choking and needing to throw up. It helps if I drink to help it go down but it just fills up my stomach with more liquid, making me hungry faster. 

I have been keeping away from junk food with the exception of one trip to McDonald's so far (and it wasn't as pleasant as I remember it being). I've been keeping away from soft drinks for the most part (I will opt for iced tea or lemonade if I'm out). I've had a drink of soft drink here and there but I don't like it anymore mainly because the bubbles just make me burp and it's not pleasant.

I have been loving sweets though and I try to be as careful as possible but during recovery nothing felt better than Popsicles so I picked up the bad habit of eating lots of those and ice cream. I have had some cake (on my niece's birthday) and some Italian pastries now and then but I'm glad I still try hard to keep away from anything bad for me. My biggest concern is portion control at the moment and I'm hoping my appointment with my doctor will help solve this if he gives me a fill (as I'm assuming my band is empty at the moment).

Otherwise, I have been keeping track of my foods using my Fitness Plan app, along with tracking my steps with my Fitbit. 

I know I keep saying this but I need to exercise more. I need to walk more. I look at my dad who woke up one morning and just started walking, and now walks 6km a day and I feel so small. I wish I could do the same. But now that I found ways to avoid having to walk home from work I walk a lot less and it feels like I'm turning into a lazy potato again. Yes I feel like a potato.

Starting this week I will be doing my shakes again as meals, as I did during my pre-op diet. I signed up for my Lufa Farms produce basket so that will provide me with fruits and veggies and I'll have no reason not to eat them! 

I'm praying my appointment goes well tomorrow. I pray that I lost more weight. I know that I fit in clothes better than I did before but I'm still not quite where I wish I was in terms of seeing results.

gabythegirlnextdoor 

No comments:

Post a Comment